Experiencing mental health disorders like depression is one of the biggest pandemics that our world is facing right now. Known as the silent killer, this condition is one that affects a vast section of the global population of every age group but often goes unaddressed or undiagnosed. It is high time that we dissolve the stigma behind mental health and take all the steps necessary to heal ourselves. If you’re someone who is struggling or know a loved one who is depressed, this blog has five actionable steps to find your way back to good health.
- Communication: When faced with a challenging mental health disorder like depression, it is simpler to isolate and avoid conversation than initiate interaction. However, it is key that you stay in touch with people who care about you. Communicating with your family, friends, and workplace managers will help them understand your emotional needs better. Isolation is also one of the hindrances to healing, as depression may lead you to think that your pain is not understood. It also breeds thoughts that sharing your depressive thoughts may be inconvenient to others. Lean on your community to help you in small and big ways- you’re not being an inconvenience to anybody!
- Medication: There are several types of depression and many levels of it, some of which may require prescription medication. While we understand the hesitation due to the taboo behind depression medicines, it can save lives. If you think you cannot get out of the spiral by only therapy or facing your fears, refer to a mental healthcare practitioner to help you out. They may prescribe cannabinoids with or without THC to help you reduce the symptoms. Once you purchase your prescription from an online dispensary, you can use accessories like a glass pipe to inhale CBD vapors. One of the best places to start is browsing for special deals from the KING’s Pipe. The accessories are high quality and durable for prescription users.
- Activity: Did you know that the amount of movement and sunlight you get can help alleviate your depression symptoms? It is a common fact that getting adequate doses of vitamin D through supplements or sunlight can help brighten your mood. If you experience frequent mood swings and depressive episodes, take yourself for a walk in the gentle sunlight and enjoy the fresh morning air. You can also indulge in some sports to lighten your heart.
- Therapy: One of the best ways to heal for good is to visit a professional therapist. Since these mental health “doctors” have studied disorders like depression at length, they have various tools and techniques to promote healing. Since finding a good therapist that understands your situation can be much like finding the perfect pair of shoes, take your time researching before you settle with one.
- Avoid substance abuse: Last but not least, avoid consuming alcohol, nicotine, and opioids. They not only cause you to feel low but can exacerbate the depression spirals if not kept in check.
Caring for your mind is much like caring for your physique. The only difference is that you need to give it the sensitivity it requires to heal so that your physical health improves as your depression reduces. We hope this blog encourages you to look forward to better days because they are surely waiting ahead for you.