Christmas bells are jingling your way! This means that Christmas is near! Invite your friends, families to your Christmas Dinner as this is a festival where you all get together. So, dinner must be perfect! Want to know some Christmas recipes? Below is the traditional Christmas dinner, it is easy and simple!
The famous Christmas Turkey
It is common to serve Christmas turkey and it is a must for this festival. This might seem to be a lot of work, but it’s worth it! You will need:
- 1 Turkey
- 100g, butter- softened
- sprigs leave picked and finely chopped
- 3 rosemary
- 1 tsp cornflour- Optional
- 2 large banana shallots, unpeeled, cut in half lengthways
- 1 red cabbage
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic bulb
- 500ml good-quality chicken stock
- 250ml white wine
- 2 bay leaves
Here are the steps:
- Defrost your turkey one hour before cooking. Heat the oven to 200C.
- Mix the butter and rosemary and spread the butter under the skin of the turkey.
- Set the lemon, garlic, lemon and bay leaves inside the turkey, then season it. Put your shallots in your roasting tin and the turkey needs to be on top with the breast side up.
- Roast the turkey for an hour, add the wine for a nice taste. Lie the cabbage wedges in the tin.
- Bring the turkey into the oven for another 30 mins.
- Keep on cooking for 5-10 mins more.
- Keep the turkey to rest for 1 hr.
- Save the garlic and bay for the gravy and transfer it into a tin.
- Cover the cabbage wedges with foil and a tablespoonful of the turkey juices, season generously.
- Place it to the bottom of the oven to keep on cooking whilst the turkey rests.
- Take away the turkey fat, then leave the tin over medium heat.
- Mash the veggies to get as much flavor as possible.
- Pour the stock and lessen the gravy by half.
- Add the cornflour to thicken the mixture along with 1 tbsp water.
- Once done, serve the turkey and pour the gravy on top!
Hot Chocolate Stirrers
How about a small bunch of sweetness during this festival? Yes…a good dose of Chocolate. You will need:
- Sunflower Oil
- 300g dark milk or white chocolate
For the decoration:
- 6 -empty 47g fromage frais pots
- 6 -cupcake cases
- 6- wooden lolly sticks
- Put a tiny hole in the center of the cupcake cases and put away for later
- Drop the pastry brush in the sunflower oil. Spread a thin layer of oil in the insides of the fromage frais pots.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and in the microwave to melt it for 30-sec.
- Pour down the melted chocolate into the pots.
- Set a lolly stick in the inside of each and drizzle your preferred decorations around it.
- Place them carefully so it sets overnight.
- When they are ready, serve it with hot milk.
Christmas is not complete without a Christmas pudding! Here is what you will need:
- 100g- dark muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp dark rum
- 100ml- stout
- 100g- prunes, chopped or left whole
- 350g-mixed dried fruit
- 100g- ground almonds
- 100g- sliced walnuts
- 100g- blanched almonds
- 2 tsp- mixed spice
- 50g- plain flour
- 100g- white breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp- freshly shredded nutmeg
- 1 tsp- ground cinnamon
- 100g- chopped glacé cherries
- 100g- butter-grated, extra for greasing
- 3 – eggs, beaten
- Mixt the fruit, muscovado sugar, prunes, rum and stout in a mixing bowl.
- Stir, cover and let it soak for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, bring together almonds, walnuts, ground almonds, flour, butter, spices, cherries, walnuts, breadcrumbs, and eggs. Add it with the soaked fruit mixture.
- Add in all the soaked liquor from the soaked fruit. And mix well.
- Leave in a cool place for 24 hours and make sure to cover it.
- After 24 hours, oil a 1.2-liter pudding basin with butter.
- Cut off circle of baking paper and set it in the bottom of the pudding basin. Add some more grease and butter.
- Put the mixture into the pudding basin.
- Fold a crease into the center of a large piece of baking paper.
- Wrap with a large piece of folded foil, make sure that the pleats are on top of one another.
- Place an overturned saucer into a large saucepan which is one-quarter full of water.
- Create a long strip foil and position the pudding basin in the center of the strip.
- Bring the sides of the strip up the sides of the pudding basin and lower it into the saucepan.
- Boil the water and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 5-6 hours.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and let it cool.
- Serve the pudding with fruits on top or Icing sugar!
Christmas adds in more fun especially with the food, the vibes, the environment, the gifts! Well… it’s simply a festival that combines all the good things together. Set yourself in the mood of Christmas by watching Christmas movies or play online bingo and slots Christmas games at Lucky Pants Bingo. You will find games such as Very Merry Christmas Slot, Secrets Christmas Slot, and Fruit Shop Christmas Slot. All these games are playable on any device! Merry Christmas!