Looking for a professional handyman is something that many people may need to do if they have numerous “fix-it” projects, and don’t have time to do them all themselves, it’s probably a good time to hire a reputable handyman. But no matter their reputation, there are some questions you should always ask when trying to find the right handyman for your home, no matter what the job is, especially in San Diego. Now, don’t you worry though, we’ve got you covered and we’ll tell you about them in this guide.
- Ask if they’re licensed. This is because handymen need to be able to have certifications in their normal field, no matter what it is. You should see if they’re certified and see a copy of the license, as well as be able to look up their license number on the state registry’s website to find out if their license is valid.
- Be sure to ask for clients, not just references. Most of the time, references are going to offer a good word in favor of any contractor. Ask if you can have about 2-3 past clients, as well as the most recent client in order to get a good idea about their service. Even if the last client didn’t give the best service, the good points may be what you’re looking for as long as they got the job done.
- Ask for an estimate. If your handyman can’t tell you a rough estimate when you give them a list of materials and see how long the project is possibly going to take and cost. The best handymen are able to do this for literally any job. If they have no idea, they may be inexperienced in the job you want them for.
- Make sure they’re insured. When your handyman has insurance, which most professional ones do have (at least liability), then if they experience any injuries, you won’t be liable for them. This is to protect them, but also to protect you from possible future legalities should anything happen. If they have subcontractors or partners in their company, you want to also make sure those handymen are also covered by their insurance or insured individually as well.
- Will this require a full team or just you? Based on the difficulty of the job, your handyman company may have to have more than one person work on the job you’re requesting. However, if you’re concerned about the integrity of the team and the job, you don’t want to expect one person and then four show up, or vice versa, which may indicate a sign that your contractor is inexperienced.
When you’re looking for the right handyman service, you want to follow this guide with simple questions to ask Unstoppable Handyman Services San Diego. Last but not least, make sure that they have some sort of service guarantee. Most reputable handymen will have a service guarantee which is there to protect you, meaning if there are any mishaps, your project or your equipment is covered and they’ll fix it until it’s done right. This shows that your handyman service cares about their customers and takes pride in their work.
To read more on topics like this, check out the money category
Leave a Reply