Do you believe in luck? Better yet, do you have any charms that you swear by? Are you one of those folks who shake your eight ball before any major decision? Do you clutch your lucky object as you log onto your favourite online casino?
Selecting the best online casino isn’t a matter of luck, though. If you make use of the casino Enquirer, you’ll definitely find the casino best suited to your gaming style. Everything that happens after that is up to you and your lucky charm.
Could an Object Change Your Luck?
Surprisingly, lucky charms are still very relevant to gamblers in 2020. It doesn’t matter whether they’re visiting real brick and mortar casinos or sitting on the couch playing a hand of poker online. But what is it about human nature that makes people place their fate in the hands of an object? And what are some of these small objects that hold all the ‘magic’?
Why the Belief in Lucky Charms?
Historically, people used lucky charms to ward off evil. These days people use lucky charms to increase the possibility of good fortune. People use them in all aspects of their lives. And, it’s not something used only by feebleminded folks. Top sports stars, athletes and even seasoned gamblers swear by them.
What exactly is a lucky charm? Well, it can be anything. Any item that the holder feels has the power to change their fortune.
Popular Lucky Charms Gamblers Swear By
The use of lucky charms in gambling hasn’t diminished just because the players are logging on and not visiting a real casino. The desire is still the same, to win, win and win!
Six popular lucky charms that some gamblers have sworn by include the following:
- The colour red: Many cultures believe that the colour red brings good fortune. Many avid gamblers wear red. Could these be why casino dice are red?
- Figurines: It’s not uncommon to see gamblers placing small figurines on the tables where they’re playing. The most popular are frog statues with coins in their mouths.
- Setting up the dice: This is specific to craps games. The dice is set up with the number four and three facing upwards.
- Family memento: There is the belief that carrying an old family heirloom brings luck because it’s been passed through the ages. This is often an old coin.
- Rabbit’s foot: A rabbit’s foot is probably one of the oldest charms around and still in use. You’ll often see this popular item on key chains or dangling off of belts.
- Horseshoe: This is particularly common with people who play the slots and was believed to ward off bad luck or ill fortune.
As a gambler playing games that involve your hard earned money, it’s important to rely on your skill and expertise. But, having a little luck on your side wouldn’t hurt either!