For you to boost your student writing skills, it is necessary to consider the following:
- Strategies to adopt
- Ideas to write about
- Make it your personal responsibility to see your student with excellent writing skills
Tutors from all departments including non-English faculties ought to put in some effort in making their student writing skills better.
- Ensure that your students are aware that you highly regard well written work.
Your students should be well informed that there is a reward that comes with well written work right from the first day you encounter with them. You can even gift the students who produce good writes and penalize those who do a bad job.
- Always be there to offer reliable assistance throughout the students study time.
When you assign some work to students, be sure to explain exactly what you expect from them and also how they can produce the meet your expectations. Be sure to explain to them all the aspects of good writing and how to go about them.
- Don’t be discouraged by the marking workload that may follow.
There are always many ways to kill a rat. One of the best was to have the papers marked is by having the students do the marking themselves because by having them exchange their work and then you instruct them on what to look for.
- Let the students understand the relevance of good writing and applicable it is.
Teaching Writing As A Non-English Teacher
It is necessary to let the students know the benefits of good writing. Most importantly, it will help them effectively communicate their ideas in all walks of life. A student ought to understand that writing is just a means to an end and not an end in its self.
The Key Responsibilities of Writers are
- Coming up with ideas
- Outlining your goal and what you are up to communicating
- Drawing an initial plan on how to accomplish your goals
- Head to other people’s opinions
- Revise your draft
- Proofread essay online
- Present your final paper to your intended audience